Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Selena Gomez gets 'dope' song from Justin Bieber - Examiner.com

Selena Gomez is putting together a new album, and Justin Bieber has written a song just for her. A love song, fans are hoping. A‘dope’ song, says will.i.am, of the Black Eyed Peas. “The song was dope,” the lead singer gushed. This means really, really good. Justin Bieber “was like, ‘Yeah, I wrote it for Selena,’” will.i.am went on. “And it was really awesome. It was really, really dope,” reports MTV.

How did all this musical greatness come about? Justin Bieber is ready to take his own talents to a new level, involving more writing and production. Naturally, he wanted to start off with a special number for girlfriend Selena Gomez. “He taps me on the shoulder,” will.i.am tells the story, and said: “‘Yo, I want to show you this song I produced and wrote. I'm really excited about it because it's one of the first songs I produced by myself.’”

And how is Selena responding? One thing is certain. Selena Gomez won’t be singing specifically about Justin Bieber. “It's not going to be necessarily, ‘Here's my tell-all,’” she said. “It's going to be more of something that people could say, ‘It could be that or it could be this or it could be that.’” OK, those words make everything clear! Not! But it seems Selena does not intend to do the “story of my life” kind of songs Taylor Swift has made famousâ€"although she has a yen to work with Taylor on an album.

“At the end of the day,” says Selena Gomez, “I only make my music because I want it [to] be really fun, and if I could have people dance to it, relate to it, have a good time, that's all I want.”

© Cindy Kroiss 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment