Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Selena Gomez: I Want Much More Out of Life (photos) - TheImproper.com

selenagomez teenvogue front Selena Gomez: I Want Much More Out of Life (photos)Selena Gomez has done a good job laying the groundwork for a long entertainment career and she’s grateful for the opportunities, but she wants more, a lot more, she tells Teen Vogue. Her stunning photos suggest she’ll get it.

“Acting is something I would like to take on more seriously,” she tells the magazine.

She says her Disney Channel experience as the star of her own show, “Wizards of Waverly Place,” was a blessing.

Check out Selena’s photos; click to enlarge.

selenagomez teenvogue03 95x95 Selena Gomez: I Want Much More Out of Life (photos)selenagomez teenvogue02 95x95 Selena Gomez: I Want Much More Out of Life (photos)selenagomez teenvogue01 95x95 Selena Gomez: I Want Much More Out of Life (photos)selenagomez teenvogue06 95x95 Selena Gomez: I Want Much More Out of Life (photos)selenagomez teenvogue05 95x95 Selena Gomez: I Want Much More Out of Life (photos)selenagomez teenvogue04 95x95 Selena Gomez: I Want Much More Out of Life (photos)selenagomez teenvogue08 95x95 Selena Gomez: I Want Much More Out of Life (photos)selenagomez teenvogue07 95x95 Selena Gomez: I Want Much More Out of Life (photos)

But Selena, 20, wouldn’t be the first Disney star to fall by the wayside, and she knows that her film and music careers are really just beginning.

Her new animated movie, “Hotel Transylvania,” debuts Sept. 21. Another new film, the racy “Spring Breakers,” directed by Harmony Korine, with Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine and James Franco is also in the can.

And, she also stars in indie flick “The Getaway,” a remake of the 1972 Steve McQueen, Ali McGraw drama. Ethan Hawke, Jon Voight and Bruce Payne also star. Courtney Solomon and Yaron Levy direct.

Her next picture is another indie “Parental Guidance Suggested.” Gomez plays Nina, opposite Nat Wolff of the Naked Brothers Band, who’ll play Ric. They’re two love-stuck kids trying to live a rock and roll life. Austin Stowell, Dylan McDermott and Cary Elwes, co-star according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The films are a step up from her teen film career, although Gomez has yet to star in a breakthrough film like Emma Stone, 23, in “The Help.”

“I don’t necessarily feel accomplished. I want to create a whole different persona when it comes to acting,” she says.

Even so, she’s making great progress becoming a brand, which is essential for most entertainers, today. She’s released three albums and a perfume and partnered with Kmart for her fashion line “Dream Out Loud.”

“I’ve never been comfortable with saying, ‘Here’s a top that I’m going to sell for $350, and it’s just a T-shirt,’” she says of her budget clothing line. “I get sent things that are really nice, and I’m like, ‘This is cute,’ and I look at the tag and it’s $200. I’m like, ‘Oh my gosh!’ People probably think I buy it, and I don’t. It’s really weird,” she adds.

Gomez is also philosophical about her relationship with boyfriend Justin Bieber. “It’s really fun. I’m lucky. I’m 20. I don’t take anything in my personal life too seriously,” she says. “I feel like everything else will come organically.”

For her photo shoot, Gomez looks stunning with neutral makeup in American Eagle Outfitters, Jill Stuart and Gucci.

RELATED POSTS: CHECK OUT THESE TOP STORIES

No comments:

Post a Comment