Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Selena Gomez is taking the reins - New York Daily News

 Photo by Boo George/Teen Vogue

Teen Vogue

Selena Gomes tells "Teen Vogue" about her relationship with Justin Bieber and her career aspirations.

Selina Gomez on the cover of Teen Vogue

Selena Gomez.

After shooting three movies in a year, Selena Gomez has put her Disney days behind her â€" and she’s trying to grow up as a person and as an artist.

“It’s frustrating whenever I want the roles that no one’s even thinking about me for, and being like, ‘No,’ with all these other ones,” the triple threat â€" actress, singer and clothing designer â€" tells Teen Vogue. “Being part of the Disney Channel was such a blessing, and I’m superhappy with what my show accomplished, but acting is something I would like to take on more seriously. I don’t necessarily feel accomplished. I want to create a whole different persona when it comes to acting.”

When a script from “Spring Breakers” director Harmony Korine landed in Gomez’s lap, she went to Nashville to read for him. “I said, ‘I haven’t done much and that taking a chance on me is a risk because it’s like, ‘Oh, a Disney kid.’ I just want you to know that I would work really hard. I want to do things like this.’ ”

Gomez, who lives in a condo over her parents’ home, also talks about her relationship with Justin Bieber. “It’s really fun,” she tells the mag. “I’m 20. I don’t take anything in my personal life too seriously. I have great friends and a solid group of people I love. I feel like everything else will come organically.”

No comments:

Post a Comment